On the Internet
Helpful hint for using the search engines below: type in just
the first part of the name you're interested in
and you'll be more likely to get a match.
For example: you want the botanical name of
"forget-me-not." Should you enter it that way (with dashes), or with spaces instead of
dashes, or as one word ("forgetmenot")? Answer: none of the above. Just enter "forget".
Remember, less is more.
- Lycos gardening menu
- National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
- National Gardening Association Horticultural Dictionary
- More than 15,000 gardening terms. Also good if you know the common name and want
the botanical name, or vice versa.
- USDA - Extension Services, listed by state
- Find your USDA Hardiness Zone
- This page contains a large map (>160K) so it may take two or three minutes to load
if you're using a modem.
- USDA - News & Information
- Has links to lots of publications on, for example, home gardening.
- USDA - Plants Database
- Yahoo! - Recreation - Gardening
- Yahoo! - Recreation - Gardening - Regional
- This is where Yahoo! lists Southern Gardening
- Yahoo! - Companies - Lawn and Garden
- Yahoo! - Science - Horticulture
- Yahoo! - Science - Floriculture
Questions or comments about anything on this page?
Want us to add your favorite link?
Then don't beat around the bush —
leaf us a message.
Copyright © 1998 by Southern Gardening